Just a place to share some of my photos

Hope you enjoy seeing my view of the world!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cemeteries in Europe

Maybe it's because I grew up across the street from a cemetery, and the vacant cemetery field was my playground for flying kites and picking wild aspargus and daisies. I learned to ride my bike on the quiet cemetery lanes. 
 That may be the reason I feel at home in cemeteries here and abroad and often find myself stopping along the road during my travels to take photos.
This is near the mountain village of Castans, France.

This is a cemetery in Greece, in the Peloponese.

And this is in Northern Italy

 This is a cemetery in Portugal
 

and in Cardona, Spain

and in London I unexpectedly came across Captain Blighs tombstone

1 comment:

zythia13 said...

so much more beautiful than 90 percent of US cemeteries..